Quality assurance policy
At Dental Specialists Windsor we aim to provide all patients with a high standard and consistent quality of dental care. We follow recognised standards of good practice and offer clinically justified and appropriate treatment. We aim to achieve the best results through clear policies and systems and appropriately trained and competent team members.
We listen to our patients
- We encourage patients to let us know what we are doing well and what we can improve on by using the feedback forms
- We listen to and act upon views and opinions discussed with members of staff.
- Complaints are dealt with promptly using our complaints procedure. We discuss and act upon any shortcomings identified.
- Positive feedback is also discussed during practice meetings so that we can continue doing what we do right.
- We listen to patient’s wishes with regards to their treatment and take these into account when proposing treatment.
Patients are fully informed about treatment options and costs
- Appropriate treatment options and costs are explained to help patients make an informed choice.
- A period of time is always encouraged in all but the most urgent cases, to consider all options prior to start of any treatment.
Effective measures of cross infection control are used
- Our procedures are regularly reviewed to ensure that they comply with the latest national guidelines.
- All staff are regularly trained in cross infection and are monitored to ensure these standards are met.
- We have designated zones for decontamination for the processing of dental instruments and all equipment is inspected on a daily basis.
Legal requirements regarding health and safety in the work place are met
- Regular inspections of the premises and equipment used are carried out
- We regularly review all our health and safety policies and keep them up to date
We meet legal requirements relating to radiological protection
- Our x-ray equipment is serviced regularly.
- We take every care to ensure that quality radiographs are produced to minimise the risk of repeat x-rays.
We satisfy the General Dental Council’s requirements with regard to continuous professional development
- We adhere to the standards set out by the General Dental Council to ensure our skills and knowledge are forefront to the provision of the most up to date in dental and customer care techniques.
- Full induction processes are carried out for new staff and appraisals and personal development plans discussed on a yearly basis.
- Staff receive regular training on infection control, radiation protection, CPR and medical emergencies as well as legal and ethical issues.
- All dentists, hygienists and dental nurses participate in continuing professional development to ensure high standards are maintained.
This page was last updated on the 10th of September 2015